Business Plan Outline – guideline to creating an effective and thorough business plan.
- Business name
- Business address
- Business phone
- Owner (s)
- Email, etc
Table of Contents
- List title of each section and page number
- List all documents in Appendices
Business Concept/Executive Summary
- Describe your business and what it does
- Describe your product or service
- Explain how you are different from the competition
- Describe the image you want to portray?
- What is you your target pricing…high-end or low end?
- What do you project your annual sales to be?
- Who is your customer and how will they use your product/service?
- Demographics of your customer
- Competition – who are they? and why?
- How did you determine price in relation to demographics?
- Describe the features/benefits of your products/services
- What market research did you do?
- What is the life cycle of your industry?
- What is your overall and detailed marketing strategy?
- Management team – what/who does it consist of?
- Describe the operational controls do you have in place?
- Policies and procedures
- Legal or other professional support
- Funding required
- Financial Projections such as income and cash flow
- Planned use of funds
- Financial Strategies
- Financial Statements (especially for investors)
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Industry opportunities for growth/expansion
- Industry threats
- Company goals
- Research studies
- Leases, contracts
- Articles and brochures
- All supporting documents
Do you need multiple business plans?
Customize your plan for banks/investors, type of industry, or another purpose…perhaps a condensed version to easily refer to when needed.